CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

in a jam.


Strawberries were on mega-sale at Safeway which was a little sign from the grocery store gods that I should make that freezer jam that I've been wanting to try for years now. As I was strolling the isles at an un-named grocery store (Safeway), I was talking with my mom on the phone and asking what else I needed to buy to make freezer jam. She did some research on the Internet and basically came up with: "Well, honey, you need a lot of sugar". So sugar I bought (and pectin and cheetos in case I needed them in the process of making jam).

I consulted with some of my more domestic friends who are experienced in the ways of jam, and set off to make our supply of strawberry jam for the year.

Well...it actually took me a couple of days to get around to making it which stressed me out because they are very serious on the instructions about using perfectly ripe fruit. And, as it turns out, there is just a simple recipe included in the box of pectin that calls for strawberries, sugar, and pectin. Easy peasy. And....wah-lah!


Oh, and my year's supply of jam turned out to make exactly two and a half jars...which will last approximately two and a half weeks. I just wanted to leave room for improvement.

2 comments:

Karen said...

that's why we're going to pick MORE at butler's in june. get ready, girl :o) this picture got me excited!!!

Summer said...

it is delicious - thanks for sharing!