I offered to bake them in my car which meant I had to park on the top level of the parking structure so the car would be in the sun. It also meant that I couldn't drive to lunch because we needed to keep as much heat as possible in there. I stopped at the grocery store on my way to work to pick up some cookie dough and brought some tin foil, a cookie sheet, and a spatula from home for our experiment.
We went to lunch (in April's car) and we drove up to the roof to check on the cookies before going back into the office. As you can see, they have started to melt down a little. They still looked pretty doughy but at least we were seeing progress. This is approximately 1:28 PM. At this point I turned the car around so it would still be facing the sun.
Even though we had this whole thing planned out, the other two girls said they were leaving early that day. Silly girls, their cookies wouldn't be ready! Shannon left first. I did not document her cookies at 3:51 PM but they were surprisingly a little baked! They were hard on the top but still quite doughy underneath. She ate them anyway.
April was next. She met me at the car bakery at 4:43 PM to take her chances with unbaked cookies. They were, again surprisingly, quite a bit better by the time she got to them. As you can see in the pictures, I could use the spatula to pick up the cookie. You can also see April really excited about the cookies through the windshield. Still a little doughy, but also yummy (if you like cookie dough).I was staying late that night so it wasn't until 6:36 that I got out to my really expensive easy bake oven. HOLY SHMOLY! THEY WERE COOKED! It was a Thursday miracle! See how excited I am?!
So I enjoyed a couple of extra delicious, warm, chocolate chip cookies as I sat in traffic. When the cookies were gone, I still had the intoxicating smell of fresh baked cookies and the immense satisfaction and sense of accomplishment to keep me company.
Well, April, I stand corrected.

3 comments:
that is so awesome Callie! I bet we could get some cookie days here in the summer too. can't wait to try it!
That is so crazy!
Way cool. I've also heard you can cook an egg on the hot dashboard. care to try?
Post a Comment