How far of a drive is it from home to work? Four degrees. When I went to work this morning, it was 14 degrees outside (plus a nasty, bone-chilling wind). I drove an hour and ten minutes and when I got to work, it was 18 degrees. Four degrees. That's how long it takes me to get to work.
That said....I had a pretty good morning. I got up on time, was out of the house about 6:35, rolled into work about 7:45. I was jammin' to some sweet tunes all the way there - really belting it out. I was feeling good. But. then. just as I was pulling into my parking spot I realized that I had forgotten to bring my computer. I hadn't taken it home all week because I was in the office every day. I took it home last night and didn't think about it again until I was back at work. Ugh.
I went in and told my boss. He laughed. He's done it before. So, we rearranged furniture in my new office, I moved all my stuff over from the old office, and started the trek home. I'm working at home for the rest of the day.
Luckily - I laughed about it too. I'm trying not to think about the wasted two hours of commuting, money spent on frivolous gasoline, and especially the wasted sleep time. I could have used it! Oh well...back to work.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment