CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Splits


When I was younger I went on splits with the missionaries and long story short - I didn't have a good experience. I have been turned off to the idea ever since.

The sister missionaries in our ward started calling me and asking me to go on splits with them. Luckily I really was busy the first two times. The third time, however, I agreed to go. They were going to be teaching a man named Andrew who lives very close to me.

So, Tuesday night they came to my house at 7:45 to pick me up. We chatted for a few minutes before it was time to go and they told me what they knew about this fellow we were going to teach. They also told me what they were going to talk about and most importantly, what parts they were going to have me help out with.

Andrew was hard to read while we were there but when we left he thanked us for coming and for the spirit we brought with us. His niece came home while we were there and she joined in the conversation. I am so impressed with the Sisters and their willingness to testify of things that are true but that might not be familiar to someone else. We had a great discussion about the teachings of Jesus Christ, of His atonement, living prophets and how the gospel can enrich all of our lives.

I came home and told Carl pretty much everything we talked about but I'll spare you readers all the details. The important part is that I had a really great experience, I learned from these great Sisters who are serving here in DC, and I offered to go back to Andrew's house again this coming Tuesday.

In these times of turmoil in the world I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the plan that God has for me. I'm grateful to know that I am never alone and that no matter how far I stray, I am always, always going to be welcomed back into His arms.

I'm excited for next Tuesday.

No comments: