CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Girls Night Out

Since I was going to be in town for the holidays, I planned a Girl's Night Out. We met up at Italian Village (another fix I was looking for). Almost everyone came and it was wonderful.






Lexie was also there but she had to leave before we got any pictures. These ladies are some of my very best friends. We were all friends in high school but many of our friendships started
long before then. We try to get together as often as possible but with husbands and children and social lives, etc. it gets a little tricky. I am so grateful that each of these ladies made time in their schedules for the get-together.

I felt like I got a pretty good visit in with most of the girls. Brittany and Heather showed up first so we got to chat then. I sat across from Brittany and Emily so naturally we had a lot of quality time. Before Lexie left I wanted to ask her a few questions and got a chance to catch up with her. As people started to filter out I said some goodbyes in the parking lot. I came back in to finish up conversations with Teresa and Leah. When we finally left the restaurant I stood out in the freezing parking lot and talked Leah's ear off. It was a great night.

On Tuesday morning as Carl got up, had breakfast with his parents and prepared for his big presentation, I headed out to check in with a few more loved ones. I got in a good but quick visit with Steph, stopped at my sister's to watch her wrap some Christmas presents for a few
minutes before heading off to lunch with Gayle. While I was at lunch with Gayle we ran into my biggest fan from SLCC. He's the one that got me the job there. We also saw a table full of Silverwolves.

I hadn't been too homesick since I moved to Maryland. I missed my family and friends but I was working on building a new life here and all was well. As I sat at dinner with these women though I realized how much I missed them. We didn't see each other often when I lived there but I knew they were close. We made amazing memories together and it is so great to see who each of them are turning out to be as adults. (This picture of me could have been taken in high school and no one would know the difference. I haven't changed a bit.) Anyway, I don't know if these people know how much good it did my soul to see them. These are the people who helped make me who I am today and it's good to check in with them.

As for going to lunch with Gayle - I haven't missed teaching too much. I was surprised by that because I loved it so much. I loved working at Riverton. I felt like I was born to teach. But, oddly, I felt content in my new life here...until I went to lunch with Gayle. My heart hurt a little as I was back in the same city, with my closest co-worker and friend, and hearing stories of the life I was missing over there. I was suddenly overwhelmed with a longing to be back there teaching. I think I will go back to teaching someday. Maybe that someday will be later rather than sooner. But I was so happy to see Gayle and get to catch up with her. I was grateful for all the memories it brought back and the updates I got. I'm so glad I found a friend at work that I can still be friends with even after I don't work there anymore. It felt like no time had passed at all. She's a gem of a friend! (and not a bad teacher too)

Thanks to everyone who took time out of their busy Christmastime schedules to see me. I left Utah rejuvinated and ready for the world here on the East Coast. I'll be back soon to refill my tank.

No comments: