Hi. My name is Callie and I suffer from Arachnophobia. I know it is an irrational fear but I am petrified nonetheless when I see a spider. Today there is one in our bathroom. I was trying to muster up some courage to just squash him but I just couldn't do it today. Sometimes I can talk myself into it. He was in kind of an awkward corner and so if I missed - I'd freak out for sure. I am weak today. (to be fair to the spider - he is way not as bad as the bedbugs AND he spun an incredible web as I was watching him this morning)
Luckily my knight in shining armor was coming home for lunch. He took care of that spider like it was nothing and saved his damsel in distress. Whew.
On a different note - I am listening to my very favorite, favorite Christmas song. I had hot cocoa and toast for breakfast. And I have on A-dor-able Christmas socks. I'm still feeling good about the super yummy dinner I made last night and am excited for what I have cooked up for dinner tonight! All is well that ends well.

2 comments:
Yikes. I hate those things. I can't wait til I have sons so I don't have to wait around for the hubby to come home... during which time the critter might make his escape... Off to find MY cute Christmas socks...
Okay - as a spider lover, I must comment. My sister used to scream from the bathroom shower, "Jeanette come get this spider, or I'm going to drown the thing!" And I would come running to rescue my friend, and take him to a safe place in the yard. Bedbugs or spider? When I weigh the two, I have to side with the spider. I say, "If it's not a black widow or a brown recluse, than move him from the bathroom to underneath your bed. Let him feast on whatever critter who waits there wanting to disturb your slumber. Their great about eating crickets and all sorts of pests. Long live the spiders!
Post a Comment