CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wildlife

So my last workshop in Florida wasn't terrible. It actually went quite well. I didn't get to see any wildlife as cool as dolphins but I did see a few lizards (which I quite enjoy) and this little fella was on my bathroom counter at the hotel so....it almost counts.


AND!! I also got the most delicious ice cream sundae ever. That basically is equal to dolphins.

This picture just doesn't do it justice

After eating said sundae, I walked around a lovely little lake (or pond - who's call is that?) and there were said to be turtles in there which would have made me go completely ballistic since I love turtles with all of my soul...but, sadly, it was too dark to see them. I have every intention of making another visit during daylight hours to see them next trip.

Oh, and one of the marines I was working with that week had a super sweet camera and showed me pictures of all the great animals he captured in his lens. He took pictures of a raccoon, gator, gorgeous flowers (which are not animals), an osprey, and an incredible dragon fly whose eyes you could see looking at you because his camera had so many pixels and such a long range lens. I'll count his wildlife finds as halfsies for me.

No comments: