CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

March

Gratitude journals come in many forms. At times I have kept an actual notebook with five things I'm grateful for everyday. At other times I would note things at the end of each journal entry. They come and go throughout life. As I have been having a bit of a hard time with life lately, I decided to keep track of something each day that was good in the month of March. Some days were harder to list something than others - but it's the simple things in life, right people?

1- We actually had some fun in my Sunday School class
2- I got to talk to my mom AND sister for 40 minutes each
3- I enjoyed my audiobook so much that I almost didn't notice the drive home
4- Carl and I enjoyed the DC temple together and then a super yummy dinner at Macaroni Grill
5- Carl came home for lunch ... and I was home too!
6- My audiobook was so good on my way to work that I laughed out loud several times and couldn't wait for the drive home to continue listening
7- We went to our favorite pizza place
8- We watched a live street band down in Bethesda
9- I got to try out the new office in Vienna in an attempt to shorten my commute
10- The whole kitchen was clean (thanks, Carl!) and so I felt good about lying in bed and reading.
11- I got a free ginger ale AND girl scout cookies at work today
12- I got about a million things accomplished today!
13- I made an oatmeal pie for pi day
14- I got a cute new hat
15- My team won at Pictionary Man
16- Talked to my boss about mostly working from home.
17- Offer got accepted on a house!!
18- I ate a really yummy string cheese on my way home from work while I adjusted my bass and treble to listen to Totally Callie 2000 so my mirrors would shake. Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?
19- I stayed up until 1:30 chatting with some girl friends. Just like the good ole days
20- We had the stuffed crust pizza I'd been craving.
21- Carl and I went to a free workshop on tiling floors.
22- Carl and I went over to the new place to walk around the neighborhood and check out the pool.
23- I got bumped up to first class on my flight to Memphis
24- I saw two bunnies playing hide and seek AND gorgeous wildflowers all over the place!
25- We finished our workshop a little early so I got a great nap in....AND I got some yummy ice cream
26- Although I was sick today, I still managed to stop by the beach...and chased some squirrels
27- I got my toenails done at my favorite "Lovely Nails" and I surprised a friend in Utah with dinner and a sleepover
28- I surprised my mom today by showing up in Utah
29- After a long trip I got to come home and spend a whole evening with Carl. I missed him!
30- I got to go into work late so I got to sleep in
31- I did my hair for the first time since the big haircut and there were no major disasters.

1 comment:

Carl said...

This is a fine list! Have you been keeping notes, or is this all just from memory?