CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Porpoises to the Rescue!

I spent all last week in Southern California again for work. The weather was chilly, windy, cloudy, with sprinkles of rain. I felt a little jipped. Because the trip was rescheduled so last minute and because it was Spring Break time, I couldn't get a room at the hotel where I usually like to stay. I was nervous about this "other" hotel.

But! To my pleasant surprise, the hotel was nice (still not AS nice) and clean and I had the view from my room of these beautiful purple flowers everywhere that I was so excited about last time I was here. It might not be a horrible trip after all.

When I am out in California, I am there to conduct workshops with Marines. They are our Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). The work for this particular section of workshops (task analysis) is mind numbing and grueling and dig-your-eyes-out-with-a-spoon inducing. The days seem long.

Another pleasant surprise...



These dolphins were right outside of the building where we were holding our workshops! They are being trained for mine detection. So-o cool. Jim and I went out to look at them at least once a day. I love dolphins. They are amazing...and adorable.

Thanks to these fellas, I made it through the week.

I'll let you know if I find anything in Orlando next week that helps get me through this next workshop.

note: dolphins are not actually porpoises even though they are closely related - but porpoises made a better title.

No comments: