As noted in the
Surprising Weekend post, I got a new hairdo. This is a big thing for me, and I was ready for it. Here is a before picture that shows how long my hair was. Keep in mind, that this is the curly version - so imagine it a lot longer when it is straight.

I have never colored my hair before so this was a big step for me. I was feeling so brave! She put the highlights in. Here is the lovely foil....

and the dryer....

And....ta-da! Here is the final product. Unfortunately, since my hair was so long before, many people have not even noticed. But people! Cutting almost 8 inches off your hair is a BIG DEAL!

So the next step is trying to do the new do on your own. Washing it for the first time is always weird because it is so much shorter! I've tried a couple of different looks. Although I don't think you need me to document all 7 that I've tried so far....I'll at least let you see one more. I did it a little curly on the ends.

To my great surprise (and relief) it also looks cute when it's curly. It makes the highlights really stand out. Last time I chopped my hair - it looked really stupid curly and it was really disappointing. Hooray for this haircut!
Much Love,
The New Me
5 comments:
It looks so cute! I have only colored my hair once, and it doesn't count because you couldn't even tell. So I know what a big step that is! I love it!
i love love love the new do!
Way cute! The new do looks great on you!
I didn't recognize you when you walked into rs and sat down in front of me. I had to wait until you turned sideways to be sure the cute lady in the front row was my pal Callie! I love the haircut and the straight style!
I love your new do! It looks really great on you. Yea for highlights!
Post a Comment