Chocolate Caramel Rolo Cookies
I made the most delicious cookies! I know that many of you have already tried these and maybe you've even made them before but I made them for the first time yesterday. Mmmmm... and pretty easy too! So, here's the recipe:
Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 48 rolos chocolate-covered caramel candies
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions
In a large mixing bowl, add Sugar, Brown Sugar, Margarine, Eggs and Vanilla.
- Mix together until well blended.
- Add Flour, Cocoa and Baking Soda and mix well.
Refrigerate and chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 Rolo in the center of each dough ball.
- Form the dough ball around the majority of the rolo. (I completely covered it)
- Roll each dough ball in sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes @ 375 degrees. (I did 8 minutes and it was almost too much)
- Let cool on pan for 1 minute then take off and place on cookie cooling rack.
On a foodier note - I didn't plan very well for Sunday dinner so I just had to throw something together and was quite impressed with myself. This isn't the best picture and I know I had too much yellow but it was spur of the moment.
I made pork chops wrapped in bacon. YUM! Sweet corn. Cheesy au gratin potatoes. Bon apetit.
Chef Callie

No comments:
Post a Comment