The checker is friendly and he fills up my reusable bags (which I still totally love because I love the Earth) and fills up a few store bags as well. Final total: $115. Whew. Now it's time for some fun. I hand the checker my stack of coupons. Yes, a stack. He starts scanning. I start smiling. I turn to my new friend behind me and say, "Sorry. But, you know, double/triple coupons. You can't pass that up!" She says, "Really?" and then turns to watch the screen with me as the checker continues to take my total down, down, down. With each coupon scanned her eyes and my smile get bigger. We both keep saying, "wow" to ourselves.
As you can see, the new total is $65.47. You can also see that I saved a grand total of $49.65 which is a savings of 44%. Let's go ahead and round that off to a $50 savings. I felt like I'd won the lottery. The reciept was ridiculously long and the checker joked about using it for wallpaper. I didn't mind; I'd just saved 50 freaking dollars!
Was it worth it? Yes.
I love you, coupons!

No comments:
Post a Comment