CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Redbox Guru


I was at Giant tonight getting my regular Free Movie Monday rental from Redbox. They happen to have two Redbox machines there and there was a guy next to me renting a movie. He was about to check out and I asked him if he had a free code. He didn't so I handed him my cell phone with the free code. He asked how I get them and I told him he could sign up at the website to get a code every Monday. He liked that. He thanked me about a million times and I felt great about spreading the wealth. There was a gentleman behind him that asked about the codes too. Then he asked me how much it would have cost him to keep the movie an extra night (he was returning). I then explained the process. I left there feeling like the Redbox Guru. Sweet.

I also have a confession. I really don't like Dancing With The Stars but I watched one part tonight and it was great! I actually clapped at the tv after the performance. If you watched it - it was the Grease number. Wow. **This does not mean that I will watch it ever again.

3 comments:

Carl said...

Just because we have knownledge, doesn't mean we should share it: This is just like what happened when threadless.com became no longer a well kept secret for hip people with a love for unique shirts. If too many people find out about the codes, they will have to do away with them! I say we keep this Redbox code business between friends...

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Oh we watch dancing with the stars too. Actually mostly Travis does. I think he secretly likes the skanky outfits. Oh and Redbox codes - I was reading the comments people leave on the site once, and one guy was talking about how he was telling his friend about getting free Redbox rentals, and he was all excited about it, and his friend was like, "Dude. It's a dollar." I laughed - I guess he's right. But I sure do love saving money.

Meg said...

First of all let me tell you that your chronicles make me laugh. Out loud even. I love to laugh out loud, and it doesn't happen a lot, so I fully appreciate your donation in this area. You really are a keeper. As for Brew 1, he needs to settle down. :) Just kidding. I love to read the other comments left. I found his quite funny as he truly is a hip cat. Do you know that he signed his email to me "Smooth Neck Brewer?" That also made me laugh out loud. Oh the Brewer's... what do I do without them? Sheesh....