This morning I had a job interview. The interview was pretty dang far away - past DC. According to Mapquest it takes 55 minutes to get there without traffic. However, on the beltway around DC in the morning - getting anywhere takes much, much longer.
The interview went well but I'm not sure I would really want the job. I am under-qualified for the job and so it would be very, very difficult. It is also far away and I would be dealing with traffic (see above). They said they'd get back to me after Thanksgiving so we'll see how it goes.
On my way home I missed a turn (okay, more than one) because the streets here are so dang crazy. Anyway, it took me through DC and I was a little frazzled. I actually made it just fine but I felt a little anxiety for a few minutes there.
I made it home in time to hit the library (to get Carl a few books) and the grocery store (to get me food and Carl treats for his flight). Carl came home and got packed for Boston. He was flying out of the Baltimore airport so we left our house about 4:30. I dropped him off at 5:30 and then headed home. I expected some traffic since I took the Southern roads back which took me to the Beltway but I didn't expect THAT much traffic. Two hours later I got home. Thank goodness for hands free in my car so I could call my mom, sister, and husband.
Moral of the story...we have a lot of traffic here.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment