CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Call me Pam


I started my first temp job today. Working 8-5 Friday - Tuesday as a receptionist. Their phone system is a little complicated but I picked it up. It isn't very busy up here at the front desk so I can focus all of my attention on all incoming calls and my left over attention on reading, checking email, blogging, and a game or two of solitaire. Don't worry - they told me I could be on the Internet, told me to bring a book, and know there isn't much for me to do up here.


One awesome thing about this position is that this receptionist's desk is covered with all kinds of candy. I have especially appreciated the bit-o-honeys. The people here have been very nice too.

It's nice to have something to do during the day and a little cash won't hurt either.


Much Love,
Working Girl

1 comment:

The Pickled Red Herring said...

WHAT??? I got a temp job in Utah once. It consisted of standing in the Nuskin factory peeling labels off of little bottles and relabeling them in another language. No joke. I was on my feet all day, 9 months pregnant (literally - due in like 2 days), no one spoke English, and I felt my IQ dropping by the minute. I would LOVE your temp job!