CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mothers

Sometimes people say that men marry women who are like their mothers. However, I wonder if maybe I married a man because his mother was like my mother. I love them both!

Both my mother and mother-in-law are fun, creative, good cooks, crafty, intelligent, dedicated mothers, hard workers....the list goes on. They both put on great parties and know how to entertain. Both mothers also share a common interest: miniatures.

My mother has done some truly amazing miniature houses and displays and made me love small things. My mother-in-law has two large miniature houses up in her home and I loved them from the moment I saw them and couldn't wait to tell my mom about them.

On our last trip to California (Mom, Sister, Me) we stopped at a few miniature shops and I purchased a couple of things for Jannicke's house.


I found this adorable hanging basket of flowers that she hung on the porch...

...and a cookie sheet with decorated ginger bread cookies that went in the kitchen!


But who could have ever imagined that she would shrink a picture of Carl and me, frame it, and put it up in her tiny, little house.

Thanks, Jannicke, for being the best mother-in-law a girl could have. I really lucked out on that one. And Mom...I will always love you more than I can ever express.

Hooray for moms!

2 comments:

The Pickled Red Herring said...

OHHHHH MY GOSH that is AMAZING!!! I am so jealous. I inherited my old dollhouse for my kids (much like this one only... older and... has been played with by kids) and I have nothing to fill it with! I haven't found any of these "miniature" shops. You must take me shopping with you!

Brewer's Ink said...

I concur. We have a GREAT mother-in-law! Everyone should be so lucky.
P.S. I like your blog. It IS really cute!