CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A New World Record


I ran my little heart out this morning. If I am the world, I just broke the record. I ran 3.65 miles today in 45 minutes. Now, I know a lot of you can run further, faster, longer...but for me this was a great feat.

I would like to thank my iPod shuffle for playing great music that got me through the tough moments and for giving me song endings so I could use them as goal posts. I would also like to thank the management at our apartments for FINALLY fixing the temperature in the gym so it is no longer 80 degrees in there. Lastly, I would like to thank my dear, sweet husband who bought me these running shoes last Christmas. They got me to 3.65 today.

After I run (or workout of some variety) I like to take of my shoes and sit on my balcony and read my book. It's a great way to cool off in nice fall weather, rest, and a good excuse to read my book. I don't get to do this every time...but today I deserved it.

2 comments:

The Pickled Red Herring said...

We should go running together! I need a running buddy. I am a slacker. Especially in the winter.

Brewer's Ink said...

I'm proud of you. The only running I get in is chasing the kids around the house:)